Saturday, June 23, 2007

I-N-T-E-N-S-E, find out what it means to me...

I have just had an intense week! The first half wasn't so bad, but the second half I was a counselor for 7-8 year olds. It was an extreme 3 days with no breaks, just constant go-go-go, persistent questions, scattered thinking, whining, clouds of bug spray, homesick kids, complaints of "I said I was first!" "She's cutting!"...We had morning staff meetings to the sounds of boys yelling ("help me! help me!") and we went to bed to the sound of boys yelling...It wasn't all bad, but it was hard...very hard...Only by the grace of God did I get through, and only by the grace of God will I continue to make it through...

Quotes
Kids: What if you can't reach them by telephone?

Booster: We'll try the cell phone.
Kids: What if the cell phone doesn't work?
Booster: We'll try smoke signals.
Kids: You smoke cigarettes??!!

Splash: Don't ask those questions! I don't have enough sleep in my head!!

Aquaman: One of the parents was kind enough to fill their kid up on 2 sodas before dropping him off for me. I walked into the room just as he shook up the 3rd one and soda sprayed everywhere.

Kid, yanking on Muscles: I have to go to the bathroom!!!!
Muscles: Then go!
Booster: I need a drink. Of water! That wasn't supposed to come out wrong, but it did.

It was a crazy week.

No comments: