Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Ahhhh...

I am sitting in Nevada City in a little cafe/bistro, using free wireless internet on my new computer! Yes, after 3 months of hassles, many miles of driving back and forth, and many phone calls, I finally got a new computer. I had to pay a little bit for it, but I am very happy with my Compaq.
Any way, I am in a cafe in the liberal little hippy-town of Nevada City. Folk music is playing, there are white half-melted candles on the window sill, and the open window is letting in the breeze (we won't talk about the flies that are buzzing around, even with the screens on the windows). I can see cars driving by and think to myself "tourists!" There is a crepe myrtle outside, and the patio is surrounded by a white picket fence. There are metal tables and chairs with green umbrellas. Across the street is a tall pine tree and the Ghidotti Building. Half the buildings in downtown are brick and half are Victorian style. I think this will be my new favorite place to study when I am home. I love Nevada City. :)

1 comment:

Paul said...

I'm glad you are happy with your computer. :)

Hmmm. Interesting, "1914" is the date that presumably marked the generation of people in whose time the Second "Coming" would occur, according to Jehovah's Witnesses.