Amos and I went up to NorCal for Thanksgiving and had a good time. :) We left on Friday so that Amos could come, too, but on Thursday I got a cold. I was miserable for about two and a half days, which means that I kept trying to take naps and we didn't go on any adventures; Amos and I only left Mom and Dad's house to go to church on Sunday. I wanted to go to Nevada City on Sunday, but then Amos had a headache and slept for a big chunk of the afternoon, poor guy! We were then going to go to the Capitol building in Sacramento on Monday, but we left later than we had planned, so we just stopped for lunch and gas on the way down to SoCal.
On the way back down, I drove and Amos asked me questions from a book. I'm a visual person and was interested in what he was reading, so I kept trying to read the book for myself rather than just listening to my longsuffering boyfriend. ;) Inevitably, there was quite a bit of swerving as we drove down the multi-lane or sometimes two-lane freeway. I wasn't trying to swerve, but eventually Amos got so nervous that he suggested we stop for gas so that he could drive and I could read!
Needless to say, it worked out a lot better after that. ;)
| At the Nevada County Fair in August |
No comments:
Post a Comment