Amos' schedule is not conducive to hanging out with me, his girlfriend. From Monday to Thursday I saw Amos a total of two hours. Two. Dos. Not very many. Too few.
I saw Amos for an hour on Monday afternoon and an hour on Thursday morning. On both days I thought I'd be able to see him later on in the evening, but he's been very tired with work and school, so it was not to be. We could have hung out all day on Friday, but I went to work and Amos went to CSUN to check out some articles for a paper he is writing. I'm proud of him. :)
On Saturday, I got to hang out with Amos for quite a while! I was one happy camper. :) We went down to Glendale and visited the famous Porto's Bakery. They always have really looooong lines, but we made it through pretty quickly. We got a chocolate cupcake to share then went to Brand Park.
Brand Park is a really pretty park. It isn't huge, but it has a library that used to be the Brands' house, a Japanese tea garden, and a transplanted Victorian house from the 1800s. The architecture of the house-turned-library and the sort of gate at the beginning of driveway was reminiscent of the Taj Mahal. I told Amos I should take a picture and say, "Haha, I tricked you all! I really DID see the Taj when I went to India!" (I actually didn't see the Taj in India; I was really sick. I'll just have to go back. :) ) We walked around a bit then found a place in the sun. I discovered that the poor cupcake had flipped upside down, and his frosting was spread all around the inside of the plastic box! Those who know me are not surprised. We ate him anyway and decided he was pretty good for only costing $1.50. The cupcake was chocolate with a kind of chocolate whipped cream frosting.
Anyway, Amos had to read some articles for school, so he read articles, and I took a nap! It was really nice. I eventually woke up and read about two pages of my own book. We hung out for a while longer before heading home. For dinner we decided to try out the meatballs at IKEA. We drove back to Burbank and ordered one meatball meal and one Caesar chicken salad. We split both of them, so it turned out pretty well. :) I asked Amos to try some of the special lingonberry drink they had because I was just getting water; we both decided it tasted like Kool-Aid. The salad was pretty good, but the meatball dinner was just ehhhhhhh. So, the dinner was about four stars, but the company was ten-plus!
I'm not looking forward to being without an Amos for most of the semester, but two weeks are already gone, and I know I'll survive. If you think of us, pray that we will be diligent in the different things we have been called to do and that we will not be frustrated but trust that God knows best.
[This post written with Patty (my mom) and Barb (Amos' mom) in mind. I know you two like hearing about our adventures. :) ]
| Awwwww, he's so cute! |
On Saturday, I got to hang out with Amos for quite a while! I was one happy camper. :) We went down to Glendale and visited the famous Porto's Bakery. They always have really looooong lines, but we made it through pretty quickly. We got a chocolate cupcake to share then went to Brand Park.
Brand Park is a really pretty park. It isn't huge, but it has a library that used to be the Brands' house, a Japanese tea garden, and a transplanted Victorian house from the 1800s. The architecture of the house-turned-library and the sort of gate at the beginning of driveway was reminiscent of the Taj Mahal. I told Amos I should take a picture and say, "Haha, I tricked you all! I really DID see the Taj when I went to India!" (I actually didn't see the Taj in India; I was really sick. I'll just have to go back. :) ) We walked around a bit then found a place in the sun. I discovered that the poor cupcake had flipped upside down, and his frosting was spread all around the inside of the plastic box! Those who know me are not surprised. We ate him anyway and decided he was pretty good for only costing $1.50. The cupcake was chocolate with a kind of chocolate whipped cream frosting.
| Maybe Amos should have taken a nap instead of me... |
I'm not looking forward to being without an Amos for most of the semester, but two weeks are already gone, and I know I'll survive. If you think of us, pray that we will be diligent in the different things we have been called to do and that we will not be frustrated but trust that God knows best.
[This post written with Patty (my mom) and Barb (Amos' mom) in mind. I know you two like hearing about our adventures. :) ]
No comments:
Post a Comment