[Disclaimer: I've never studied the art of writing in the stream of consciousness style, so you can just think of this as rambling if you know what stream of consciousness is really supposed to be like. ;) ]
I have four more days of CELDT testing...so glad! I talked to one of the other testers today at lunch, and it turns out he's been a lot of the same places I've been. He started out in Malawi, traveled up through Africa into Egypt, Jordan, and Israel before hitting up Italy and Germany. Crazy. $10,000.00, eleven months, and some teaching in order to get a ticket back home. hmmmmm...How can Amos and I get $25,000.00, just to be safe? Haha, that's more money than I've EVER made in a year. Below the poverty line? Yes. Do I need to be above the poverty line? It would be nice, especially for paying off our loans, but no, it's not absolutely necessary.
I told the tester, Sergio, that I wanted to live overseas. He asked if my husband did, too. I said yes, I wouldn't have married him otherwise. You should have the same goals if you are going to get married, at least that's what I think. He had no comment. Weird. Makes sense to me. You need more than just "chemistry."
I have some ideas for teaching, but I have no students. :P I think I might start asking kids when I sub what they like in a substitute. I'm not talking about watching movies in class or letting kids do whatever they want. I know that I don't have classroom management down. Maybe the kids themselves can give me some pointers. ;)
Katie, Amos' sister and my sister-in-law, had a baby! His name is Oliver Ryder and he is so cute. I'm glad he finally arrived. :) I don't know when we'll be able to visit, but maybe Katie and Seth will put up more pictures. ;)
I guess that's all for now. I might take out my new contacts and read a book. Amos will be home in an hour! :D
I have four more days of CELDT testing...so glad! I talked to one of the other testers today at lunch, and it turns out he's been a lot of the same places I've been. He started out in Malawi, traveled up through Africa into Egypt, Jordan, and Israel before hitting up Italy and Germany. Crazy. $10,000.00, eleven months, and some teaching in order to get a ticket back home. hmmmmm...How can Amos and I get $25,000.00, just to be safe? Haha, that's more money than I've EVER made in a year. Below the poverty line? Yes. Do I need to be above the poverty line? It would be nice, especially for paying off our loans, but no, it's not absolutely necessary.
I told the tester, Sergio, that I wanted to live overseas. He asked if my husband did, too. I said yes, I wouldn't have married him otherwise. You should have the same goals if you are going to get married, at least that's what I think. He had no comment. Weird. Makes sense to me. You need more than just "chemistry."
I have some ideas for teaching, but I have no students. :P I think I might start asking kids when I sub what they like in a substitute. I'm not talking about watching movies in class or letting kids do whatever they want. I know that I don't have classroom management down. Maybe the kids themselves can give me some pointers. ;)
Katie, Amos' sister and my sister-in-law, had a baby! His name is Oliver Ryder and he is so cute. I'm glad he finally arrived. :) I don't know when we'll be able to visit, but maybe Katie and Seth will put up more pictures. ;)
I guess that's all for now. I might take out my new contacts and read a book. Amos will be home in an hour! :D
No comments:
Post a Comment