Tomorrow is Sunday, and here's what we have goin' on...
1. Amos will get up and go to church with Wayne, one of the elders at our church. Amos is going to run the slides and Wayne will play electric guitar on the worship team. Wayne only lives a mile or so down the road, so it's nice for me; I don't have to drive Amos to church in my jammies before coming back to get ready for church myself. :)
2. I will go to church and talk to the ladies sitting in front of me, Wayne's wife Rosemary and her/our friend Molly. They love it when we sit behind them because Amos has a really good singing voice. They will have to suffer through listening to just me tomorrow, though, because Amos will be in the sound booth.
3. While Amos stays at church for the second and third services, I will go to In N Out to meet Paul and Katharyn as they pass through Santa Clarita on the way home from Paul's brother's wedding. I have a few presents for them that I've been working on for the last FOUR years. Sad, but I'm glad I can finally hand them off and not worry about finishing them!
4. I will come back to church and hang out or go home until 12:30, when I will be back at church for a lunch meeting about our upcoming Easter service. Easter is going to be crazy. We will be going to the local community college's stadium for a churchwide service; hopefully it doesn't rain because we will all be outside! Also, who knows what will happen the Sunday after Easter; will all the "Creasters"* show up at our already too-small church building? Who knows!
*Creaster is our pastor's term for people who only go to church on Christmas and Easter ;)
5. We will come home and take a nap!
6. We will wake up and make brownies for our friend Jamie's birthday party! I'll also type up several copies of discussion questions from the bulletin to take to Fusion, our young adults group.
7. We will go back to church, again, for Fusion.
8. We'll go to Matt and Jamie's house for Jamie's party!
9. We will go home and pass out.
What does your Sunday look like?
1. Amos will get up and go to church with Wayne, one of the elders at our church. Amos is going to run the slides and Wayne will play electric guitar on the worship team. Wayne only lives a mile or so down the road, so it's nice for me; I don't have to drive Amos to church in my jammies before coming back to get ready for church myself. :)
2. I will go to church and talk to the ladies sitting in front of me, Wayne's wife Rosemary and her/our friend Molly. They love it when we sit behind them because Amos has a really good singing voice. They will have to suffer through listening to just me tomorrow, though, because Amos will be in the sound booth.
3. While Amos stays at church for the second and third services, I will go to In N Out to meet Paul and Katharyn as they pass through Santa Clarita on the way home from Paul's brother's wedding. I have a few presents for them that I've been working on for the last FOUR years. Sad, but I'm glad I can finally hand them off and not worry about finishing them!
4. I will come back to church and hang out or go home until 12:30, when I will be back at church for a lunch meeting about our upcoming Easter service. Easter is going to be crazy. We will be going to the local community college's stadium for a churchwide service; hopefully it doesn't rain because we will all be outside! Also, who knows what will happen the Sunday after Easter; will all the "Creasters"* show up at our already too-small church building? Who knows!
*Creaster is our pastor's term for people who only go to church on Christmas and Easter ;)
5. We will come home and take a nap!
6. We will wake up and make brownies for our friend Jamie's birthday party! I'll also type up several copies of discussion questions from the bulletin to take to Fusion, our young adults group.
7. We will go back to church, again, for Fusion.
8. We'll go to Matt and Jamie's house for Jamie's party!
9. We will go home and pass out.
What does your Sunday look like?
No comments:
Post a Comment