I made this on Tuesday and really liked it. I initially made it with noodles, but I think it would have been better over rice. This recipe includes the adjustments I did make (cabbage, orange juice, pepper flakes, etc.) and should have made (rice, cashews, etc.). I hope you like it!
| My Ginger Chicken Noodle Bowl dinner...pretty good...made it in 25 mintues! |
Ginger Chicken Rice Bowl
General idea taken from Lovely Little Snippets
Serves two
Serves two
Brown and white rice, cooked
Sauce *Disclaimer: These measurements are approximate*
1/4 cup Soyaki sauce from Trader Joe's
1/8 cup soy sauce
1/4 tsp sesame seed oil
2 pinches red pepper flakes
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup orange juice (NOT concentrate)
1 tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp ginger powder
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
1 chicken breast, chopped in bite-size pieces
1 tbsp corn starch
1-2 tbsp cold water
1 tbsp soy sauce
2 green onions, chopped
1/2 bell pepper, chopped (any color; I used yellow)
3/4 cup cabbage, chopped
1/3 cup cilantro, chopped
Directions
Start the rice.
Mix the sauce ingredients in a skillet, heat to boiling.
Add the chicken, stir, reduce heat to medium, stir, cover.
Meanwhile, thoroughly mix the corn starch with the cold water and soy sauce.
When the chicken is cooked, stir in the corn starch mixture and cook sauce and chicken over low heat until thickened.
Add the vegetables. Stir. Replace the cover to steam the vegetables. Stir, taste, adjust seasonings, and serve over brown and white rice.
More Variations
- Steam some fresh zucchini and serve on top of the chicken and noodles (don't stir the zucchini into the chicken or it will take on the flavor of the sauce and turn mushy).
- Stir some cashews into the chicken mixture, right before serving.
- Serve with noodles instead. Mix the noodles with a little Soyaki before topping with the chicken mixture.
No comments:
Post a Comment