I had an unlooked-for adventure today.
Before that adventure, I actually had two other adventures.
The first adventure was walking down the road to Target. I picked out a card for a baby shower, a gift bag, a set of black pens that included a free silver pen, and a few other things. I called my mom on the walk back home and found out that my brother Luke was headed to the orthodontist to get his gums trimmed. (Apparently the gums are partially covering his back molars? Ow!)
I arrived at home, changed into some shorts, grabbed my camera, and headed out for adventure number two. I walked out to the two ponds that are near the three churches. I took lots of pictures, watched turtles get stuck on rocks as they tried to fall into the water, scared a huge frog into the pond, and watched a frog and water snake swim.
I had just made it back to our apartment when the Unlooked-For Adventure began.
I didn't have my keys.
Oh dear. Oh dear.
I hurriedly retraced my steps...back through the field...along the brilliant green algae ditch...across the road...around the first pond...around the second pond...through the woods...over to the doors of the church...back across the road...through the neighborhood...down the hill...up the stairs...the door was definitely locked.
No keys.
I called Amos as I headed back to walk through the field a third time. As we were discussing asking the office to let me back in, I found them, lying in the field where I had knelt down to take a picture of some trees and the blue sky.
*phew!*
On to the next adventure...
Click the pictures, especially the one with the hidden frog. :)
Before that adventure, I actually had two other adventures.
The first adventure was walking down the road to Target. I picked out a card for a baby shower, a gift bag, a set of black pens that included a free silver pen, and a few other things. I called my mom on the walk back home and found out that my brother Luke was headed to the orthodontist to get his gums trimmed. (Apparently the gums are partially covering his back molars? Ow!)
I arrived at home, changed into some shorts, grabbed my camera, and headed out for adventure number two. I walked out to the two ponds that are near the three churches. I took lots of pictures, watched turtles get stuck on rocks as they tried to fall into the water, scared a huge frog into the pond, and watched a frog and water snake swim.
I had just made it back to our apartment when the Unlooked-For Adventure began.
I didn't have my keys.
Oh dear. Oh dear.
I hurriedly retraced my steps...back through the field...along the brilliant green algae ditch...across the road...around the first pond...around the second pond...through the woods...over to the doors of the church...back across the road...through the neighborhood...down the hill...up the stairs...the door was definitely locked.
No keys.
I called Amos as I headed back to walk through the field a third time. As we were discussing asking the office to let me back in, I found them, lying in the field where I had knelt down to take a picture of some trees and the blue sky.
*phew!*
On to the next adventure...
Click the pictures, especially the one with the hidden frog. :)
![]() |
| Near the place I dropped my keys |
![]() |
| What a beautiful contrast! |
![]() |
| Honeysuckle; not very fragrant quite yet |
![]() |
| Can you find the frog?! He IS in there! |
![]() |
| Irises growing in pond |
![]() |
| A large frog, aka, Chub |
![]() |
| Irises |
![]() |
| Abandoned barbed wire |
![]() |
| The second pond; much less algae |
![]() |
| Flourishing plants |
![]() |
| Nature retakes territory |
![]() |
| Natural barbed wire |
![]() |
| An abandoned sign |
![]() |
| A water snake! |
![]() |
| Purple clover picked during Adventure #1 |















No comments:
Post a Comment