A big thanks to Mr. Thomas Laney Stroup for fixin' my computer...A big thanks to all my friends who have stopped by my office and listened to me worry about my job...A big thanks to Leslie Davis and Jen Holmes for allowing me to switch dorms...
So I'm back in SoCal...Who have I seen? Let me see...
Sherrie, Ashley, Laney, Adam, Michelle, Heather Z, Heather D, Heather E, Tad, Colin, Carolyn, Amos, Luke, Micah, Jess, Molly, Emily, Nate, Correll, Lexi...And the list goes on...I really wish I could see...
Michelle Dueck, Megan Thomas, Austin Surls, Emily Sheehy, Brittany Good, Rachel Borders, Todd Bolen, Bill Schlegel, Becky Bange, all the kids...
Thing I wish had happened this week: Been handed a full-ride scholarship for college
Thing I wish had NOT happened this week: Being stung by a bee and having to get antibiotics for my puffed-up ankle!
Cool thing that happened yesterday: Met a girl from Zambia; I went to Zambia 2 years ago!!
So often I focus on the bad things and forget about the good...I want to complain about my financial situation, my puffy ankle, my stressful job, my lack of funds for cool books, my lack of home-town friends, all that...So often I forget that I have been privileged to travel the world, attend a great school, visit different continents, live in a free country, have a lot of siblings, have a lot of school friends, have a great job, have a good car, have the ability to read, have the ability to walk, have the ability to climb and run and catch a Frisbee, been born into a Christian family, have a great best friend, have a good camera even, and the list goes on...
Lord, thank You for this unique time in my life...Help me to accept the changes, knowing that no matter what, You are always the same...Help me to really grasp what that means............
1 comment:
oh friend, i so wish i could see you, too! i'm praying for you...keep hanging in there-for your job, your responsibilities, school, everything! i love you! and, i hope to see you soon! have a great first day of classes on Monday!
Post a Comment