I have just spent the last few days camping at Bowman Lake! I had a great time and I had a hard time.
Wednesday started out with rain, turning my hair into a frizzy mat. We left at about 1:00 to arrive sometime after 3:00. We set up stuff, had some solo time (talking to God, reading, etc.), and ate dinner. I think we did something else, but I forgot.
Thursday we headed to the rocks for rock climbing. I climbed three climbs (The Crack, Lunch, and Sahara). I didn't like it very much, but I knew I would regret it if I didn't do them, soooo...Later that afternoon we swam out to Turtle Island/Tortuga for cliff jumping. I didn't jump, but I had fun watching the guys push a rock into the water. After eating dinner, hiking up a hill, and having solo time, we had a devotional and went back down to bed.
Friday we canoed 3 miles to the waterfalls that supply the lake. We hung out there for a while. I had fun watching the guys push a log into the water. We canoed 3 miles back against the wind and then went on a hike. We had sandwiches for dinner under a waterfall. I had fun watching 3 of the guys turn themselves into ice cubes under the falls. We went deep into this shaft that held the plug to the lake that was above us (Weaver Lake, I believe). That was fun. One of the guys ran his nose into the rock by turning too suddenly in the dark. He laughed it off and we continued. :)
Today we packed everything up (just to bring it back on Monday). Then a truck died so we left it behind. We finally left the lake. We were about 1/2 way back to camp when another truck ran out of gas. The 4Runner was taken into town to get gas for that truck. We finally got to camp, unloaded everything, and split ways until tomorrow at about 2:00. :)
I was a little worried about having to relate to 12-17 year-olds for the next 3 weeks. It will be hard. But then God brought the thought to my mind that He obviously brought me to High Adventure and He obviously would help me out with these kids. What an encouraging thought. It was a good time. I am bruised and sore all over. But hey, at least I get to sleep in my own bed tonight and not on the hard dirt. And tomorrow we get kids and I get to see my friends again.
(In other news, I also got to see Shane and Lindy as they passed through on their way to Willits. We had a good time at Baskin Robbins. Yea!)
No comments:
Post a Comment