Monday, January 21, 2008

It was an accident...

So I got in a car accident on the way to LAX, but I'm fine. Fortunately the car that I hit was partially made of plastic so the impact was not as bad and my car was not damaged as badly, but now I can't drive it in case something is wrong under the hood. Oh yeah, and I can't open my hood. Hmmmm...
Thankfully God protected the other girl and I from any serious or even minor injury. No one else hit us and I was still able to get to the airport to see off my group of IBEXers. And my insurance is really good, so hopefully we won't have to pay too much once the claims are settled.
Now I am dependent on others for rides and such. I haven't had to be dependent for even more than a week (probably) since I was 17 when my parents got the first car for me. That car just became "undriveable" because the 2nd gear just wasn't there any more. My parents are so kind to me, and they bought me a 1998 black Subaru within that week. I really liked it (except for the radio; I still haven't figured it out totally) and my parents could have easily said, "We're sorry, but you are 21 and you need to buy your own car if you want to get around." I am very thankful for my parents' generosity, though sometimes I think they go too far.
Any way, now I am being blessed by my friends who are willing to drive me places, to look at my car, to follow me to the collision center, to give me rides to church, etc. Now I know a little bit how maybe an international student feels who needs to be dependent on others to get around...So if you are one of those people, thanks... :)

No comments: