Any way, I really enjoyed it! I have to warn you that it was rated R for some language and some scenes of torture (not intense or bloody, though, thankfully).
I really enjoyed the cinematography with its portrayal of intense colors and many different classes of people in India. I thought it captured the dirtier side of a third-world country. And yes, I still want to go. One of my favorite parts was when Jamal and his brother Salim look up to see the Taj Mahal and think they have reached heaven, or at the least, a 5-star hotel!
I also caved in and bought the soundtrack on Amazon.com. Kat is already addicted, and I am so excited for it arrive on Wednesday! Oh, and if you want to listen to one of my favorite songs from the movie, click here to listen on youtube. :D
Mumbai. Taj Mahal. Agra. New Delhi. Varanasi. I can't wait for the day when I can visit and see these places for myself...
No comments:
Post a Comment