Sunday, March 01, 2009

How To

So a friend of mine told me how his pastor pulled pranks with those harmless, little party poppers.  I was very excited about it, and when Danielle commented on her own little party poppers yesterday, I had a brilliant idea.  My "how to" is below. :)

Step 1: Select a location.  I chose the cupboard because my roommates are very thirsty people.

Step 2: Attach a string to a stationary surface.  I used a thumbtack and dental floss.

Step 3: Attach the dental floss to the string of the party popper, making sure that the little paper that keeps the string close to the popper is removed.

Step 4: Attach another string to the door of the cupboard (I used the clasp on the inside).  Tie this string to the neck of the popper, making sure it is secure and does not touch the detonator string.  Also, ensure that both strings are taut so that the popper will actually be pulled when the door is opened.

Step 5: Close the door and wait for your victim/friend.


Step 6: Sit back and enjoy the explosion! (actual footage)

Sherrie gave a great reaction to the popper in the kitchen!  She jumped back about a foot and her eyes just about popped out of her head!  Though she had a knife in her hand, thankfully she hurt neither herself nor the perpetrator. ;)
Kat's reaction was also funny.  Searching under the bathroom sink for some tissue, she let out a squeal as the streamers filled the air!  She complained about the smell of the gunpowder (or whatever it is) and then said, "You didn't say it!"
Me: "Say what?"
Kat: "You knooooOOOooowwW you love me!!"
Ahhhhhh, yes, this phrase is frequently repeated in our apartment...usually by me, after teasing/irritating some roommate. ;)
Any other preconceived ideas I can blow up for you??!!

3 comments:

Amos said...

thanks for blaming ME for the idea . . . I dont know that you should . . . but . . . yeah . . . its pretty funny . . . I think you should figure out how to rig your camera to record it so we get some great faces!!

Jennica - Ayelet said...

I'm not blaming you, I'm giving you credit. And if I hadn't given you credit, you would have complained...so I am in a no-win situation...and it's all your fault. :P hehe
and yes, the camera thing would have been fun... ;)

Anonymous said...

I can just see Kat's reaction in my mind's eye. You four are great. Say hi to your roomies for me. I send hugs to all and prayers, too.

Love,
Heather