Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Intentions

I was going to write about my terrible day.
I was going to tell you how I wanted to spend my day doing profitable things, like spending time praying (which, sadly, I never do) and preparing for my tutoring lesson.
I was going to tell you how I got a call at 6:00 am to substitute at a junior high school and decided to take it, only to find out that my car wouldn't start, that the junior high kids were rude and ridiculously talkative, and that my tiredness was not helping my attitude. Not to mention the bad traffic as I tried to get out of the parking lot at the school. Not to mention the fact that I started to feel bad after I left school and had to go tutor.
I was going to tell you how I just wanted to crawl home and go back to bed...and the first period of the day wasn't even over yet.

Well, since I did tell you all of that, maybe I should tell you the good things that happened to me today.

I was actually called for a job today that will help me pay bills.
I didn't have to worry about lunch today because Tall Michelle had bought herself and all of us roommates Stonefire for dinner last night, and I hadn't eaten my share yet. (I was at Frisbee, and then Amos and I went to In N' Out.)
Amos helped me start my car, even though he was miles away. (Yea for cell phones!) Never mind that I should have known how to do it since a friend of ours recently had trouble starting her car...oh well.
I got to see Amos for a few minutes between school and tutoring.
I didn't have to think up anything intense for tutoring after all because my student brought her homework, and it took up the entire time.
I got paid for the some of the tutoring I've done so far.
God, family, and friends still care about and love me.

I sound like Pollyanna, who, according to one of my old professors, espouses a dangerous philosophy, since the world is in reality a dark, sad place; see the previous post for just one example. However, I suppose it is better to be an optimist instead of a pessimist, though it's usually easier to be glum than glad.

No comments: