Well, it's been a while. I've traveled miles and miles since I wrote last, and I'll travel miles and miles more before I write again.
Let's see what I've been up to...
250 miles: This is the number of miles I drive every week, just to go to and come back from work. I work down in North Hollywood at a school designed exclusively for kids with learning disabilities. If you are thinking this sounds challenging, trust me, you have no idea. However, I am very blessed to like my job and my students, at least most of the time. I teach seventh, eighth, and ninth grade English and a ninth grade World Geography class. I have a maximum of fourteen students in one class, and each class has at least one TA, most of whom are older than I. My principal just told me today that I was their supervisor and I could ask them to do whatever I wanted. That's a weird thought.
Please pray that I will have wisdom as I interact with my kids and that parent-teacher conferences will go well tomorrow and Wednesday.
Spring Break can't come soon enough.
3,000 miles: This is the number of miles from my town to Amos' town in Nebraska. Amos and I flew to NE last week for a cousin's wedding, and we're headed back in a few weeks for his sister Katie's wedding! I'm hoping that one of these times I will be well-rested when I'm in NE, but it doesn't look promising. :P
1,330 miles: This is the number of miles from my house to Paul and Katharyn's house to Irene's house to Mom and Dad's house and finally back to my house. This is my spring break. Yes, I am insane. No, I will not be well-rested. Yes, I will miss Amos a lot. Yes, I will still have fun.
Happy April!
Let's see what I've been up to...
250 miles: This is the number of miles I drive every week, just to go to and come back from work. I work down in North Hollywood at a school designed exclusively for kids with learning disabilities. If you are thinking this sounds challenging, trust me, you have no idea. However, I am very blessed to like my job and my students, at least most of the time. I teach seventh, eighth, and ninth grade English and a ninth grade World Geography class. I have a maximum of fourteen students in one class, and each class has at least one TA, most of whom are older than I. My principal just told me today that I was their supervisor and I could ask them to do whatever I wanted. That's a weird thought.
Please pray that I will have wisdom as I interact with my kids and that parent-teacher conferences will go well tomorrow and Wednesday.
Spring Break can't come soon enough.
3,000 miles: This is the number of miles from my town to Amos' town in Nebraska. Amos and I flew to NE last week for a cousin's wedding, and we're headed back in a few weeks for his sister Katie's wedding! I'm hoping that one of these times I will be well-rested when I'm in NE, but it doesn't look promising. :P
1,330 miles: This is the number of miles from my house to Paul and Katharyn's house to Irene's house to Mom and Dad's house and finally back to my house. This is my spring break. Yes, I am insane. No, I will not be well-rested. Yes, I will miss Amos a lot. Yes, I will still have fun.
Happy April!
No comments:
Post a Comment