I've been subbing at my favorite high school this whole week. One of the teachers, Mr. Walker, is out on paternity leave, and the temporary computer lab monitor is teaching for him. This lab monitor, Mr. Shapiro, took over after the regular lab monitor, Mr. Newman, found a new job. Even before Mr. Newman was Mrs. Newman, Mr. Newman's mom, a smiley lady with a young, black, guide dog puppy named Kona. So...I am the substitute lab monitor for the temporary lab monitor who took over after the previous lab monitor and the original lab monitor got different jobs. *whew!*
I've enjoyed being the lab monitor. My duties include monitoring computer usage, scanning textbooks in and out, checking out laptop carts, and collecting money for printing; not much to do and relatively easy compared to herding a classroomful ofcats students. On Monday I got used to my job and finished reading The Twenty-One Balloons by William Pene du Bois. On Tuesday I subbed for the absent Mr. Walker when his substitute, Mr. Shapiro, was absent as well (the class and I watched part of a very interesting series on the Supreme Court). On Wednesday and Thursday I spent a good part of the day working on my writing class for India, creating a missions blog for my church, and reading The BFG by Roald Dahl. Today I read several Smithsonian articles (including this one) and looked up titles of missionary biographies. My last day is supposed to be Monday, though with all of the switching around and reporting absences and getting new jobs, you never know. . .
I've enjoyed being the lab monitor. My duties include monitoring computer usage, scanning textbooks in and out, checking out laptop carts, and collecting money for printing; not much to do and relatively easy compared to herding a classroomful of
1 comment:
That was a sad Smithsonian article. I wonder whatever became of Kathleen Champman?
Post a Comment