Friday, August 31, 2012

CELDT, interviews, and books

1. CELDT Testing
Welp, it's California English Language Development Testing time!  This is the time of year when I read the same set of questions multiple times to innumerable junior high and high school students and make sure that they carefully bubble in all the tiny circles on their tests.  The experience hasn't been too bad so far, but today was only day four.  Thirteen days left to go!

2. Interviews
Amos had an interview on Tuesday morning and was hired Tuesday afternoon!  His first day of work was on Wednesday, and today he went to work, came home for five hours, then went to work overnight at Master's!  Crazy guy!  More on this later, but we are just so thankful to God for giving Amos this new job that he already enjoys after having only sixteen hours on his timecard. :)
I have an interview tomorrow morning for an instructional assistant position in a junior high special education classroom. I'm praying that I will get it, but we shall see!

3. Books
Right now I have several books from two different library systems, and tomorrow I will pick up two more books from a third library system.  In a few weeks I hope to get two books from one of the first library systems.  I currently am reading A Tramp Abroad by Mark Twain (hilarious) and Lit! by Tony Reinke (insightful so far).  I also have started Brave New World by Aldous Huxley (weird and dystopian, plus I asked Amos how it ends).  Tomorrow I'll go pick up The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins and The Pioneer Woman Cooks by Ree Drummond.  Next Friday I'll walk over to the old library building for a huge, weekend-long, used book sale; I'm hoping they'll let Amos in, too, because Friday of the used book sale is supposed to be open only for educators.
Ahhhhhhh, books, how I we love them!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You'll have to give your opinion about The Hunger Games. I thought about reading it, and then I didn't, and now it seems the hype has (already) passed. I am also reading three books right now, with a fourth on the shelf and a fifth at the library. :) We'll see what having a baby does to reading abilities...