Monday, April 14, 2014

Waste Not, Want Not

Our collection of 800+ books is packed away in boxes in the corner of our living room, but we haven't wasted any time finding new books to fill our now empty shelves!

Our findings from Friday and Sunday
On Friday I visited five different thrift stores within a few blocks (10th Street - 23rd Street) and bought six books for $9.00!

On Sunday I was looking through a OKC periodical and found an ad for a book sale at a local university.  Amos and I hopped in the car and headed out to the book sale held in the basement/storm shelter of the university's library.  We found eight books for $6.50!

Fourteen books for $15.50 in three days isn't too bad!

(In case you are wondering why one of the Mysterious Benedict books is in a bag...I was very excited to find this book but didn't realize it reeked like a chain smoker till Amos mentioned it; it is now undergoing fumigation.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tinker Creek! One of my favorite and best. :) Glad you're settling in.