I was disappointed with the way that Hollywood chose to change Prince Caspian, though I defintely believe that is much better than the first film! I reread Prince Caspian, and there is not even a hint of interest between Caspian and Susan. I think they talk to each other all of 3 times in the book. hmmpf. Dumb Hollywood inserting romance just to get the money. bleah.
My job has gone pretty well so far! I am tutoring 7 kids in 3 different grades. They are all really smart, cute, and funny. I think I will miss them 7 weeks from now...or maybe I won't. ;)
My job has gone pretty well so far! I am tutoring 7 kids in 3 different grades. They are all really smart, cute, and funny. I think I will miss them 7 weeks from now...or maybe I won't. ;)
I am about to be in my first "friend" wedding in the next few weeks! Katharyn and Pablo are getting married, and I get to be a bridesmaid! Pray that I will be helpful and have a good attitude for the 5 days that I am in Gilroy with my friends and their families. I am so happy for them. All of us have waited a long time for the day to come, and now it is only 9 days away! Though we all obviously have different opinions on how relationships should work, I am encouraged that Katharyn and Pablo resisted rushing into things with just their hearts and not their discernment. I think it will take away some problems that could have potentially come up in the future. To quote that scandalous book in the Old Testament, "This is my lover, this is my friend..." Song of Solomon 5:16b P&K, though I think we would all agree that we see things differently sometimes, I really am very encouraged by your self-control and your respect for God and for each other. Mazel tov!
K & I at her CalArts graduation. A master's degree at age 22! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment