there isn't a way to make this time/end/break up (I hate those words)/whatever easier, but God is there for comfort.
Pastor Todd today preached the introduction to the study of Philippians. He talked about the establishment of the church in Philippi, way back in the book of Acts, 10 years prior to the book of Philippians being written (see, I paid attention ;) ). Paul was prevented by the Holy Spirit from going to Asia and Mysia to preach the Gospel. Pastor Todd made the point that Paul was doing something that wasn't bad, it was even good; it was preaching the Gospel. But God said no; He had another plan for Paul. He sent Paul a vision of a man pleading for him to come to Macedonia to help them. Paul heeded the call, and the first church was started in Europe! (Acts 16)
Pastor Todd then cross-referenced to Psalm 37:23, which says
The steps of a man are established by the LORD, when he delights in his way. ESV
The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. NKJV
He then said he was going to add to the verse, in a good way. Pastor Todd said that the steps and stops are established by the Lord.
"He's got His reasons when He says no."
That really is a comfort right now. As I said before, the hard things in my life have been used by God for good. I say hard things because they were very hard for me, even though compared to losing a family member, a limb, or a life, they really aren't that bad. But that's beside the point. When I thought that all was lost, when I thought that I could never be happy with the way life was going, when I thought that though God never makes mistakes, it sure seemed like it this time, God came through. In many different ways.
And I believe He will do it again.
God says He will withhold no good thing from the one who walks uprightly, and that the one who trusts in Him will be blessed. (Ps. 84:11-12)
Pray that I will walk uprightly, trust in Him for what is better, and not listen to the little voice that whispers in my ear,
"pity yourself, and doubt."
No comments:
Post a Comment