...I am 2/3 of the way through The Kite Runner. The Kite Runner has many different twists. Quite a few of the main characters have died, and the story is still intriguing. I'm going to see if I can finish it tonight.
...I am going shooting with my brothers tomorrow! I wanted to go to the store and buy the ammo for us, but that won't happen because...
...I am still waiting on the phone call for summer school. Someone from the office contacted me today, but I missed the call because I was on my way to Bowman on the way back from Tahoe. I am hoping they will call tomorrow. So if I get the call tomorrow, I might not be able to go shooting with my brothers. We shall see. There will always be other times for shooting, but still.
...I might get a new Bible this weekend. I want to get an ESV Bible because there is a really cool "edition" that you can buy with wide margins specifically for taking/making notes. Also, I read a little in the ESV, and it doesn't seem to be that different from NKJV, which is what I have read since I was about 12. We shall see. I really like the little Bible I have now and will post pictures a later date.
...I already have a few things set up with my brothers and sisters-in-law for this summer. On Monday I am going shooting with Ross and Garret (can you tell I'm excited?) and then having dinner with Ross and Audra. On Wednesday I am going to a game night at Ross and Audra's, hopefully with all of my brothers and sisters-in-law in attendance (Ashley can't come because she has youth group). I might go see Kaydee tomorrow at work if I don't get to go shooting. On Sundays Scott invited me to play volleyball with people from his and Ashley's church. I am happy to hang out with my brothers and sisters-in-law. People my age! I love them!
...I am happy to have the education and training that I received at Master's, but I am also realizing that you can turn cocky if you don't guard against it. No bueno. Maybe more on that later.
...I met four foreigners in the last week: Luke and Will from New Zealand, Marcus from Germany, and Soandso from Peru. (FYI, his name really wasn't Soandso, I just can't remember what it actually was; he was the host at a restaurant that Irene and I went to.)
...Tahoe was fun. We slept under the stars and were not eaten by bears.
...That's all for now. Back to my book... ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment