Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Overwhelmed and underpaid

UPDATE: Since writing this...yesterday (27ish hours ago), I have gotten a job as a private tutor 2 days a week, worked about 2 hours at a tutoring center where I will be for another 2 days of the week, and worked 2 hours babysitting 2 little kids, with the proposal of subbing for 2 days in the first week of October. God is good! And maybe He wants me to love the number 2, since that is how many days I had worked up till now, with 1 sub job and 1 day of babysitting (2 hours, with 2 kids)...this is getting weird. ;)

Y
es, that is me. If I could get paid to worry, I would be a billionaire without even trying! However, God says not to worry. So that is out.
The thing is, in my seven weeks now that I have been down here in SoCal, I have worked ten hours. Yes, TEN (10) hours. That's all. Ten hours + selling books on amazon. That does not add up to much. At all. Very small amount.
Unfortunately my car doesn't understand that I haven't worked that much. It still wants gas.
Sadly my stomach and the stomachs of my roommates can't go without food for seven weeks (I think that exceeds the Forty Days in the Wilderness limit).
And really, can't my car insurance understand that I am not working right now? Sure, I'm basically hired by three different businesses, but that doesn't matter that much if you don't actually work.
What to do?
Basically to pray. To be happy for those friends (and roommates) who get the jobs, while I sit at home for another day, wondering when MY phone is going to ring. To find things to do that are profitable, even if those activities aren't profitable in the monetary sense of the word.
It is hard. I don't like it. Anyone who knows me knows that I don't like waiting. I don't like it at all.
So if you think of me, pray that I get called soon for a job, whether it is tutoring or subbing or babysitting or something else. Pray that I will pray about this and give it to God, Who loves me and wants what is best for me.

No comments: