The Bible says that homosexuality is wrong (see Romans 1). As Christians, we need to know how to respond to a culture that is increasingly accepting of homosexuality, even when there aren't that many actual homosexual individuals in the United States (this statistic was brought to my attention by Al Mohler in one of his Briefings).
One resource that I found very helpful was an interview conducted by Tim Challies and David Murray. The interviewee was Rosaria Butterfield, an ex-lesbian who is now a conservative, Christian, homeschool-mom to four children adopted from the foster care system (yea!); talk about a one-eighty. You would think that Rosaria would give the same pat answers and suggestions that you always hear, but I was surprised and challenged as I listened to her testimony and her words of advice. She also is very eloquent, which I appreciate. :) You can listen to the interview here.
Here's a quote from the interview that doesn't apply just to the problem of homosexuality; I found it very thought-provoking.
One resource that I found very helpful was an interview conducted by Tim Challies and David Murray. The interviewee was Rosaria Butterfield, an ex-lesbian who is now a conservative, Christian, homeschool-mom to four children adopted from the foster care system (yea!); talk about a one-eighty. You would think that Rosaria would give the same pat answers and suggestions that you always hear, but I was surprised and challenged as I listened to her testimony and her words of advice. She also is very eloquent, which I appreciate. :) You can listen to the interview here.
Here's a quote from the interview that doesn't apply just to the problem of homosexuality; I found it very thought-provoking.
"True believers can be beaten down by sin faster and more furiously than sanctification can buoy them up."What a call to be both on our toes and on our knees!
No comments:
Post a Comment