Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Thankful Christmas

Well, this isn't how I imagined Christmas week going, getting back from Christmas with my family and bringing a hitchhiking virus!  Alexis was struck first, earlier on Sunday, and I was hit later on the way home.  Various family members fell over the next two days.

I have little memory of Monday, except for feeling miserable, answering the door when Danielle kindly brought over a bottle of ginger ale, and spending as much time as possible on my back.  I'm doing much better now, but poor Amos is sick! :_(  Amos rarely gets sick, and I feel sad for him because I know how it feels.  I also feel sad for me because I can't do much for him, and I miss him, and I don't know what to do with myself (we aren't having a big dinner, obviously), and Christmas is supposed to be HAPPY, and all that pity party stuff.

However, in an attempt to pull myself up by my bootstraps, I am very thankful for Amos - his love, care, personality, friendship, Amosness - and for Christmas and for hope and for the reason for the season: Christ come to earth to save us from ourselves.



He Has Come for Us by Meredith Andrews

No comments: