Monday, August 17, 2015

"That's nice."

Conversations over the last month or so:

Amos: Zach is leaving the Tulsa branch, and they need someone to work the office.
Jennica: That's nice.

Amos: Steve, the general manager, stopped by the other day and mentioned that the Tulsa branch needs an office manager and he thinks I would like it there.
Jennica: That's nice.  I don't want to move, and you can't go without me!

Amos: Randy and Jerome spent a lot of time talking to me today about the Tulsa branch.
Jennica: That's nice.

Jennica:  I don't want to go, though God can always change my mind.

Amos: Randy and Jerome want us to think about moving to Tulsa, and they want to know soon.
Jennica: I want to see what it looks like before we say yes.

[Jennica and Amos take a little trip to Tulsa and determine it is neither a dump nor a derelict trailer park.]

Jennica: Is there any reason for us not to go?  It doesn't seem like it would be the wrong decision to move.  God hasn't brought anything glaring to our minds, no warning signs or turn-back-nows.

Amos and Jennica: I guess we are moving to Tulsa!


Why we are moving:
Several people at Amos' company asked him to consider it
Reduction of Amos' stress level, I hope
Opportunity for Amos to try his hand at bringing the branch back to life
Different coworkers
God didn't say no!


What I think about the move:
I want Amos to be happy in his work.  Amos is excited about this opportunity to really make an impact at the Tulsa branch, and he will be able to work with coworkers who are easier to get along with. :)
Amos' company really has done a lot for us.  They paid for our move to Oklahoma, and they are helping us move to Tulsa, and I don't want to be ungrateful for all the help they have been to us.
Only fourteen more days at OSU-OKC...
Tulsa is smaller and nicer-looking than urban Oklahoma City (thought I DID see two people smoking at the gas station yesterday; one of them had an open flame!  WHAT?!).
Our new apartment is right across the street from a big library!
I am excited about this now, but I have a feeling that it is going to be hard when we leave our church.  We have some good friends there, and several families and couples have been a big help to us in terms of making us feel welcome, inviting us to lunch, asking about our jobs, moving us not once but twice, helping us with our nightmare landlord, lending us cars, etc.  It is going to be hard. :(


I have fourteen more days at OSU-OKC...I hope all goes well after I leave!  Amos will be driving back and forth from Tulsa every day for the next three weeks, at least, so please pray that he will be safe out there on the freeway.


This will be our fourth move in seventeen months!
Oh, wow.
Time to get packin'...We are Tulsa bound!

No comments: