Saturday, December 23, 2006

Work Incident #1

Here begins a series on funny/interesting/entertaining things that happen at work. Some of them happen at Ikeda's and some of them happen in the ibex office.
I worked at Ikeda's last summer (2006), and I am working there again over break (with a raise)! Ikeda's is a little family-owned indoor fruit stand/market, located right next to the freeway. Ikeda's is most well-known for peaches and pies. Mmmmmmm...


On Thursday, I left my cash register for a moment to check on the price of a chocolate-covered frozen banana. Walking to the freezer, I noticed a huge puddle of coffee forming on the cement floor.
**Why is there coffee all over the floor???**
Looking up at the coffee pot, I realized that someone had started the coffee, but never put the pot underneath to catch it! The coffee had flooded the counter and washed onto the floor! Wow...The funny thing is is that the mess was not made by a new employee, but by the owner of the store: "Oh wow, I think I did that!"
Yes, you did...... : )

No comments: