-I'm waiting for a place to live, trying not to be anxious. My friends are in Santa Clarita researching places, so once again, all I can do is wait.
-I'm impatiently waiting for one of my best friends to visit this weekend. I have a lot of stuff to do between now and Friday afternoon.
-Dad killed a rattlesnake today. Brenda and Lexi went to give Sutter his dinner behind the house, and the next thing I knew, Lexi was back on the kitchen step with very big eyes. "There's a rattlesnake!!!" The snake was coiled and very angry! I opened the gate to get Sutter out of his pen, and Dad put him in the garage where he'd be safe. The little kids were ordered inside and instructed to look out the little girls' bedroom window if they wanted to watch. Dad fetched his rifle and hit the snake with his first shot! He shot the snake a second time in the neck. I severed the head with a shovel, put the head in a coffee can and the body in a paper bag, washed the snake blood out of Sutter's pen, and tossed the snake in the trash trailer. I must say, 3 snakes in 11 years of living on this property isn't too bad. Maybe I'll be able to kill the snake next time. It is just creepy to get that close to a lethal snake and hope you don't miss when you try to cut his head off.
-That's about all for now! Happy Tuesday!
No comments:
Post a Comment